From the small beginnings of a Redfern carpentry shop in the 1850's, the Hudson business complex grew and produced new growth which today includes George Hudson Pty Ltd and Clyde Industries Ltd. The Hudson brothers, who were trained to work in timber, gained knowledge of heavy engineering through their contracts to supply rolling stock for the New South Wales railways. They learnt the art of pipe-making when they undertook the construction of an emergency water scheme for Sydney in 1885-86.
Hardcover, 22cm, fair condition, ex Library, indexed, b&w photos
By Bobbie Hardy
Printed by Halstead Press, Sydney 1970