Lecture - 10:30am - 12:30pm
Occupational records in the NSW State Archives
Location: Richmond Villa, 120 Kent Street Sydney (more information here)
Presenter: Gail Davis Bookings essential: $24 members, $37 non-members
Gail Davis offers tips, tactics and practical advice for finding records of NSW Government employees, as well as those people whose professions had to be licensed by the Government. This talk will cover the A-Z of occupations and professions, as well as sources for some lesser known or unusual occupations.
Please note the change of date from the printed program, which said 21 February.
Webinar - 10:30am - 05:00pm
Webinar Season Ticket - February to April 2019
Only available until 4 February.
By booking a Webinar Season Ticket you will be able to view every standard webinar we hold between February-April, either live or by watching the recording later. You book and pay once. We'll set you up in each webinar and send you the confirmation link. And in addition you'll get one webinar free - so this quarter you get 6 for the price of 5. The webinars covered by the Season Ticket this quarter are:
- British Newspaper Archives, Aoife O'Connor, 5 February
- Double helix history, Jerome de Groot, 27 February
- Oops, I wish I'd checked the original, Angela Phippen, 8 March
- Using Wikitree for DNA and projects, Veronica Williams, 25 March
- UK wills and probate before 1858, Heather Garnsey, 9 April
- Tracing the origins of Chinese Australian ancestors, Kate Bagnall, 15 April