This is the category to manage bookings for the annual two-day Lost In seminars
|05 November 2016
Weekend seminar - Saturday 05 November 2016 - Sunday 06 November 2016 10:00am - 04:00pm
Lost In Immigration & Travel
Join us for a weekend of discussion about immigration to Australia and travel within Australia, to help you track down your ancestors. Topics include 19th century immigration schemes, NSW shipping records, 20th century migration, finding elusive travellers, ships pictures and journals, and the history of travel.
Location: Dixson Room, NSW State Library, Macquarie Street Sydney (more information here)
Presenters: various Bookings essential: $115 members, $140 non-members
Price includes morning and afternoon tea on Saturday, and morning tea on Sunday. Bring your own lunch both days.
Bookings close 26 October.
- Exodus to the Southern Seas - Michelle Patient
- Nineteenth century immigration schemes to Australia - Kerry Farmer
- NSW shipping and arrival records - Emily Hanna, NSW State Records
- Ships' pictures, passenger diaries and shipboard newspapers - David Berg, State Library of NSW
- Twentieth century migration - National Archives
- Soldier, sailor, exile or convict - How did you get here? - Christine Yeats
- History of travel in Australia - Professor Robert Lee
- The Migration Experience (through the SAG Collections) - Ralph Hawkins
- Did your family swim to Australia? - Martyn Killion