The book also contains a wealth of information: Introductory chapters explaining who the Huguenots were Chapters on individual families representing all six states (The Belletts of Tasmania; The Barniers of New South Wales; The Lansells of Victoria; The Jonquays of Queensland; The Ferrys of South Australia; and the Lefroys of Western Australia.) A section on eminent Huguenot Australians Maps showing the provinces of France and places of origin of Huguenot families A full bibliography with suggestions for further reading. A full index.
This is the very first book ever published on the subject of Huguenot descendants in Australia, and will prove useful, not only to individual researchers, but also as a vital reference work for family history societies and their members. It includes:
• 'Who were the Huguenots?' introductory chapters.
• A list of almost 500 Huguenot families represented in Australia, including places of origin in France
• Chapters on individual families in all six states
• Maps showing provinces of France and families' places of origin
• A full bibliography and index
Softcover book, 262 pages, indexed
Edited by Robert Nash, Huguenot Society of Australia Inc