Covid-19 restrictions apply for the next few months. The Library will re-open Thursday 4 June 2020 at 10am.
will be introducing an online booking system for computers, film
readers, fiche readers and reading tables. This will allow us to manage
our capacity and undertake a full clean between each session. The
kitchen will not be available.
the Library will be open: every 2nd Tuesday, every Thursday and
every 2nd Saturday with sessions from 10-12.30pm and 1pm-3.30pm. We
will close at 3.30pm.
entry to the Library, your temperature will be taken. We have hand
sanitiser throughout the Library and encourage you to clean your hands
regularly whilst in the Library.
We appreciate your patience as we slowly transition back to being a fully functioning library.
It is essential to book a session to attend the Library (Level 2, 379 Kent Street, Sydney). You can email, phone 02 9299 5151 or make an online booking through Eventbrite here.
Library furniture & equipment to give away
The SAG Library is reorganising its furniture and equipment holdings and would like to offer members in the first instance the opportunity to have items that are currently not required. The following is to be offered to anyone wanting these items for free if you are able to arrange pickup from the premises at 379 Kent Street. Please email email@example.com for further information and to arrange the pickup. See this link for images of the items listed below.
Card Drawers x2 - 8x8 drawers, size W 133cm x H 82cm x D 48cm
Indus Super Carrel Film Reader x2 - size W 65cm x H 91cm x D 71.5cm
Our Library is located at 2/379 Kent Street. There you will find:
Click here to view a podcast showing how to Search the Library Catalogue
- family histories and biographies
- local & school histories
- birth, death & marriage (BDM) indexes for all states of Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales and some other countries
- shipping records
- probate records for many states of Australia and for England and Wales
- cemetery transcriptions and burial registers
- parish registers
- English, Welsh, Scottish and some Irish census records
- Family Search (Affiliate Library Access to images of digitised microfilms)
- access to the major commercial sites such as Ancestry, FindMyPast, The Genealogist, British Newspaper Archives, Discovery (National Archives UK) Biographical Database of Australia and much more
- access to over 2200 electronic databases covering both Australian and overseas resources
Our Library and Shop at Level 2, 379 Kent Street, Sydney, is open: By Appointment Only - see above
Tuesday 10am-3.30pm - Every Second
Wednesday - Closed
Saturday 10am-3.30pm - every second Saturday
We are CLOSED on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and public holidays and there is no access on these days.