Saturday 1 & Sunday 2 November 2014
Step back from your genealogy and what do you find? Lots of “stuff”!
At this year’s ‘Lost In’ weekend, a wide variety of experts will take you through what to do with all the family history material you’ve collected over the years, and the best ways to “pass it on”. We all want to “future proof” our hard work – and this ‘Lost In’ will show you how.
- Reality Bites: What happens to your ‘stuff’ if you don’t make plans for its survival? Find out from the NSW Trustee & Guardian.
- Solving Your Photo Dilemma: How to ensure your treasured images stay safe forever.
- Preserving the Past: How to treat your treasured objects and paperwork.
- Copyright Essentials: What is yours and what can you do with it.
- Voices Of The Past: How to take an oral history and how it will weave into your family’s story.
- Putting Your Family Tree Online: Ancestry.com.au will demonstrate how you can unlock the potential of having your tree online.
- Getting It In Print: Publishing your family history book.
- New & Nifty ways to store your information in the digital world.
- Bequeathing your research material.
- Passing it on - how to engage the next generation in their history.
The Registration fee of $110 covers the weekend seminar and includes morning teas on both days and afternoon tea on Saturday. BYO lunch or eat at the State Library cafe.
Non-members can attend for $125.00